Things that a Company Secretary in 2020 is Expected to Do
Over the past years, the role of the company secretary has constantly been evolving. With the changes in technology, the role of company secretary in 2020 is transforming into something very proactive. The continual evolution of the role is now more of a strategic partnership to the business/organization with growing responsibility for governance.
Currently, we’re living in an era where the way organizations operate is changing fundamentally. Based on reports, the notion of having people of different ages working together is an opportunity to bring in versatility and inspiration.
What Holds in the Future for Company Secretaries?
As organizations continue embracing the technological transformation, future company secretaries will need to align opinions and empathize with others and comprehend how people collect and assimilate information.
Surveys conducted on company secretary in 2020 indicate that technology will offer new opportunities for automating routines and creating working methods. A case in point would be where a company secretary may specialize in handling corporate reputation and image in social media, for both internal and external environment.
Again, the research indicates that organizations will operate less in the top-down and shift more to a down-top approach. While the future working landscape becomes more hectic, executives and their company secretaries work alongside each other as change agents.
On other fronts, there is the narrative that the number of company secretaries in organizations will be decreasing and assistant’s teams becoming a common phenomenon in an attempt to raise efficiency through combining abilities and competencies.
Similarly, what used to be done by the company secretaries individually will be more in teams and projects. Consequently, company secretaries will be more of a representative of the stability in the organization.
What this means is that company secretaries must now begin to be more proactive and manage their own work instead of receiving clearly defined tasks. It then translates into bigger independence and greater responsibility.
The Company Secretary Roles
Some of the company secretary’s roles that arose in the research 2020 include the following:
- Assisting Others to Cooperate and Prosper
- The company secretary could manage and spearhead an internal team.
- Ensuring that all the schedules, arrangements, and information are flowing in the right direction and trying to be ahead of the curve.
- Working closely with the manager as they move towards being part of the whole team.
- Supporting people to work efficiently through technology and any other organizational changes that might arise.
- Connecting Stakeholders and Linking Individuals across Borders
- One of the roles of the company secretary is acting as an intermediary between the different age-generation cultures. And therefore, he/she is integral in bridging that gap.
- Likewise, the company secretary is tasked with maintaining a good relationship between the different groups of stakeholders.
- By adopting the concept of open-mindedness, company secretaries will instil new cultures and ways of thinking. This will go a long way in creating diversity and versatility.
- Again, by bringing together people from different networks linked with the company and its workers, creating a new connection for everyone and creating cooperation between different departments.
- Participation in Strategy implementation and Attaining the Set Goals.
- Having the ability to comprehend the organization’s strategies and act responsively in its application, defence, and operation to all the stakeholders both internally and externally.
- With the aid of technology and digital tools, the company secretary will independently ensure that the set goals are met.
In today’s world of technology, we are witnessing a shift in how professionals are required to conduct themselves. The company secretary in 2020 has now taken a different dimension in the sense. As of now, they are not only employees but more of a change agent.
Now their responsibilities will revolve around strategic planning and partnership with the different stakeholders.
Contact us for more tips and the best secretarial services in the Philippines.