Different Types of Secretaries in the Philippines
A secretary is a personnel tasked with management assistance, record-keeping, communication, making time tables, and helping in other administrative duties. However, secretaries do more than just that. They ensure record correctness, good staff workflow, and timely compliance. Their specific responsibilities depend on what their employer needs from them. Every job differs in every workplace, therefore their job depends on the kind of business the company does.
This article lists the different types of secretaries in the Philippines. Here, we lay down the unique duties they do and tell how different each type is from the other.
Types of Secretaries and How They Differ
Before we differentiate the many types of secretaries, it is important to first take note of the general things they have in common. The main similarities secretaries have is the role they take in the company. Usually, secretaries are in charge of the following works.
- Administrative Support – The most common role of secretaries is giving support to the owners and decision-makers of the company. Secretaries help the company leaders in their daily activities and projects. When orders are given, the secretary makes sure that these are done.
- Keeping the Minutes of Meetings – Meetings are very important because these are when issues and other concerns are made known to the decision-makers. It is also when important decisions are made. The secretary records the details of these meetings. He takes note of the place, time, attendees, agenda, and decisions made in these meetings.
- Keeping of Records – The secretary is also in charge of keeping the significant documents and records of the company. He ensures that the contents are correct and then store them properly.
- Compliance with Regulatory Agencies – Secretaries follow up on the company’s compliance with regulatory bodies. For instance, he makes sure that the accounting function makes the financial statements on time. He also checks that the company files and pays its taxes correctly and on time.
- Communication Between Staff and Company Head – The secretary is the link between the staff and the company head. For example, when the accounting staff has issues relating to large irregular expenses, they approach the secretary. The secretary notes this and then addresses it to the owners or decision-makers.
Knowing the general roles of secretaries is important in comparing the types of secretaries. The differences are in their focus. Each type handles particular roles depending on the field or industry they work in.
This type of secretary focuses on daily office works. They help make the company run smoother. Their work includes planning and making time tables, answering questions, calls, and emails, and keeping documents. They also monitor office supplies and replenish them on time.
These secretaries work alongside a leader and help them with their work. They usually work with mayors, governors, and other officers. Mostly, when these officers cannot attend important events, the secretary attends it on their behalf.
These secretaries work in law firms or the Public Attorney’s Office. They help in the daily admin works of lawyers, paralegals, and other staff. They must have enough knowledge of legal proceedings to work in this position.
Medical secretaries work in hospitals or clinics. Their tasks include billing patients, arranging the doctor’s time, and filing of medical records. They also help doctors and nurses in writing speeches and reports for special events.
Real Estate Secretary
These secretaries usually work in investment banks, in the real estate department. Here, they help make reports and other real estate documents. These secretaries should be able to write and speak well.
This type usually works in offices in the government, legal or investment companies, and courts. They must know many aspects of the law to work in his position. This job requires constant dealings with lawyers, judges, and plaintiffs.
3E Accounting for Secretarial Services
Are you in need of secretarial assistance? Are you in urgent need and don’t have the time to hire and train? 3E Accounting has the solution for you. We offer corporate secretarial services to our clients. With your company goal in mind, our team of experts can help you smooth out your company admin needs. Contact us today!